The development of a new port or terminal requires technical expertise from a range of disciplines to ensure that the design and operational requirements are met while providing efficiency and maintaining safety. We provide a range of specialist services to support port developments worldwide, working closely with the project teams.
We provide a range of technical advice and services to support port planning projects including new port construction, maintenance and upgrades of existing berths or ports. We work with a range of partners from port planners, contractors and engineers through to insurers and investors, as well as legal interests and operational ports to provide this specialist expertise.
Our team includes Maritime Civil Engineers, whose experience encompasses the concept, preliminary design, construction and contract supervision of port developments. They are supported by our Naval Architects and Master Mariners to provide the following services:
- Concept and feasibility studies
- Port and terminal planning
- Cost assessment and estimates
- Navigation and vessel manoeuvring studies, including approach channel and turning basin design
- Berthing analysis and berth utilization analysis
- Mooring and fendering analysis
- Analysis of met-ocean climates including wind, wave and current conditions
- Geotechnical investigations, foundation and pile design
- Concrete and steel structural design
- Production of technical specifications, tender and contract documentation
- Tender supervision and assessment
- Contract supervision (as the Engineer or Employer’s Representative)
- On-site construction supervision
- Third-party verification
We use a range of analysis techniques and software tools to support our work including navigation/manoeuvring simulations (real and fast time), mooring analysis software, operational simulations and structural analysis tools.
Our port development services have been used to assist port authorities and engineering consultancies with projects ranging from concept and feasibility, through to front end engineering and design (FEED) and detailed design stages. These projects have included marine studies for terminal modifications, port expansions and greenfield port development.
Offshore Management & Marine Operations
Offshore assets are niche in their own aspect with vessel types varying from Supply vessels to the more complex Subsea, Offshore Construction, and Jack-Up Liftboats. This is where our experience and expertise lie, in supporting you with full asset management capabilities and due diligence in the demanding Oil & Gas markets, specifically with the continued downturn in the sector.
Attracting, recruiting, training, deploying and developing highly skilled seafarers for your vessels is the core purpose of our crew management business. We recruit and retain talented individuals on the basis of strong technical knowledge, expertise, professionalism and leadership. This ensures our crew members are highly adept at running and maintaining vessels over long voyages and with the right skillsets and competence.